Today the whole education system in a flux. People everywhere question the existence and utility of schools and colleges. Internet initiatives such as Wikipedia, MIT Opencourseware, Khan Academy and others are giving people options. This is the first in the series titled, 'what they don't teach youn in school', where we will find articles and resources on the topic and summarize them for you. Let us start with Wired magazine's recent article.
17 Essential Skills You Didn't Learn in College: A summary
1. Statistical Literacy: Making sense of today’s data-driven world.
2. Post-State Diplomacy: Power and politics, sans government.
3. Remix Culture: Samples, mashups, and mixes.
4. Applied Cognition: The neuroscience you need.
5. Writing for New Forms: For example, Self-expression in 140 characters (microblogging).
6. Waste Studies: Understanding end-to-end economics.
7. Domestic Tech: How to use the world as your lab.
Want to read the greatest books of all time but have no time or money? Check out The Success Manual. It contains summaries of 100+ greatest business and self-help boooks and much more!