1. Small traders and manufacturers will suffer. They had no inkling.
2. This will boost the unregulated black market. People will just buy it outside NCR and carry it in.
3. Baby steps would have been better, starting with banning sale of loud crackers. And then asked state governments and central govermment to make new laws.
4. The crackers will be back on sale after Nov 1st and for Diwalis to come. In fact, they reversed an earlier order which batted for a silent Diwali.
5. This will give religious nationalists ammunition against what they believe is a leftist/liberal plot to de-legitimize religion.