1. Trust each other: as long as you are submitting useful stuff,
submit anything, anywhere.
2. Self-policing is best: we don't like waving our Ban stick more
than you and leave it up to you decide what is best for your and fellow
3. Submit Good stuff: Wouldn't you agree that having the same
content as other laces is kind of lame? So, we hope you make useful
4. Submit Regularly: We would like your contributions to be
frequent and so would your fellow group members.
5. Do not hurt small animals or children.
The List of Don't Dos:
You will post in the appropriate category or area and will not do any of
the following bad things:
* violate any laws or the BIGHOW Policies;
* be false or misleading; * infringe any third-party right;
* distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
* distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm BIGHOW or the
interests or property of BIGHOW users;
* impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the
proper working of BIGHOW;
* copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their
* harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email
addresses, without their consent;
* bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to BIGHOW.
...and some more. This time in plain English.
- Don't repost deleted content/links.
- Don't post NSFW (Not Safe For Work) images or unlabeled NSFW links.
- Don't post graphic images or links to graphic content.
- Don't post repetitively.
- Don't encourage others to perform illegal acts.
- Don't post hate speech.
- Don't post broken images/links.
- Don't post private/contact information no matter how easily obtained.
- Don't troll/harass other Bighow users.
- Don't troll/harass Bighow and its moderators.
- Don't discuss bans in the Bighow Forums.
- Don't try to make the Forum discussions all about you. Aka Attention
- Don't attempt to hack, flood, DoS, DDoS, or otherwise compromise Bighow.
We can go on and on with the legalese and that won't be enough to describe
the abuse that is faced by user generated sites. Suffice it to say that
be an ***hole online.
- We encourage you to self-police yourself while you are online.
- "Items that don't meet these policies may be taken down based on our own
checks or in response to user complaints.
- Users who consistently violate our terms and policy will be banned
- We hope our users are not nuisance but we have a better method of
detecting and removing objectionable material.
- Before posting to Bighow, we encourage you to have a look at our policy
page where we have taken help from successful community web sites and
listed things that are not allowed on Bighow.
All items that are posted on Bighow must comply with our Policies and
Using bighow for self promotion
Using Bighow for self promotion is very much on but please do not make
Bighow a place for old, useless and irrelevant items. And while you are at
it, we suggest you use the 'best of", "(insert your name)" tags.
Spammers, affiliates and fellow citizens of the world
Common knowledge: 95% of any user-generated classified (or any topic) site
Spammers would do well to note our flagging system and our moderators
remove any thing they think is spam, and that is a subjective decision.
As for affiliates, we recognize their need to popularize a product or
service, and we will go out to help them in all sensible ways but we hope
you don't resort to spamming Bighow: one link to a new deal is all that is
We have an internal system of determining how many postings a user can
make in a day.
last updated: Feb 2009