The following activities are prohibited from BIGHOW:
- Posting an Item for sale that is
- is illegal to own, buy or sell in your area of residence
- is in the prohibited items list
- Posting multiple Items that are
too similar to each other
- Posting an Item that serves no other purpose than to send traffic to
another web site
- Posting an Item that defames anyone or contains "hate speech"
- Posting a multi-level marketing or other
Types of Prohibited Job Items
- Posting an undesired items in
personals or services
- Posting pornography, nudity or other material that is obscene or adult
in nature or harmful to minors
- Solicitation of other users, except by placing an ad, including
through use of BIGHOW?s email functionality to send unsolicited emails
- Infringing the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not
limited to, infringing on intellectual property rights such as copyright
and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale)
- Discriminatory or offensive behavior and the usage of profanity or
patently vulgar language
- Encouraging others to break the law
- Misleading others by false statements
You are not permitted to defame anyone or include "hate speech" directed
at individuals or groups in your postings or in the emails that you sent via
BIGHOW reserves the right to delete any Items or other content from
the site that do not comply with the BIGHOW Policies or otherwise negatively
impact the community, BIGHOW or third party. If you encounter any such Items
, please flag it as such or
contact us via feedback
Our general rule is that you may not list, buy or sell items or services
that are illegal to own, buy or sell in your state of residence, or that are
not bought or sold in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
IMPORTANT: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE
LAWS RELATING TO THE Item YOU LIST, BUY OR SELL ON THIS SITE.
Many laws, regulations and policies, in a variety of jurisdictions, states
and countries regulate the goods and services that may be bought and sold.
BIGHOW users remain responsible for complying with all applicable laws,
regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale, payment
or exchange, that may apply to transactions in which they participate --
including but not limited to those imposed by the state of Delhi, India
where the BIGHOW offices are.
- Partial list of items the sale of which is not permitted on BIGHOW:
- Obscene material or child pornography.
- Weapons and related items, including firearms, disguised, undetectable
or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, sniper scopes, silencers,
ammunition, large capacity magazines, BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.
- Fireworks, including "safe and sane" fireworks or any destructive
devices or explosives.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to
manufacture controlled substances and drug paraphernalia.
- Alcohol or tobacco products.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices, such as prescription or
contact lenses, defibrillators, hypodermic needles or hearing aids.
- Nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading treatment claims
or treatment claims that require FDA approval.
- Blood, bodily fluids or body parts.
- Household pets of any kind including dogs, cats, primates, cage birds,
rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish. Re-homing with small adoption fee OK
- Pet animal parts, blood, or fluids - including stud/breeding service
- Restricted or regulated plants and insects, such as noxious weeds,
endangered plant species, or live insects or pests.
- Pesticides or hazardous substances, or items containing hazardous
substances such as contaminated toys, or art or craft material containing
toxic substances without a warning label.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment, such as access cards, password
sniffers, access card programmers and unloopers, or cable descramblers
- Stolen property or personal property with the serial number removed or
- Burglary tools, such as lock-picks or motor vehicle master keys
- False identification cards, items with police insignia, citizenship
documents, or birth certificates.
- Counterfeit currency, coins and stamps, as well as equipment designed
to make them.
- Counterfeit or knock-off brand name goods.
- Material that infringes copyright, such as warez, bootlegs (without
consent of the band), etc.
- Airline tickets that restrict transfer.
- Gambling items, such as lottery tickets, sports trading card 'grab
bags,' raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines.
- Used or rebuilt batteries, or batteries containing mercury.
- Used bedding and clothing, unless sanitized in accordance with law.
- Non-packaged food items or adulterated food.
- Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone
numbers, or other personal identifying information
- Multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes
- Business or job opportunities that require upfront or periodic
- Business or job opportunities that pay only commissions, unless the
Item makes it clear that the sole source of compensation would be
commission and clearly describes the product or service that would be sold
- Business or job opportunities that require recruitment of other
members, distributors or agents
- Items that are not clear regarding what type of work would be
- Items for employment that are stating a preference or
requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or
- Items that contain pornography or individuals engaging in sexual
- Items that ask for sex from under age persons
- Items that offer sex or sexual activities in exchange for money,
products or services
- Items that depicts a person(s), regardless of gender, engaged in
actual sexual conduct
- Items that contain bestiality
- Items that contain masturbation
- Items that contain sadistic or masochistic abuse
- Items posted by Men in the "Women seeking Women" category
- Items posted by Men in the "Women seeking Men" category
- Items posted by Women in the "Men seeking Men" category
- Items posted by Women in the "Men seeking Women" category
You can post up to 25 different Items per day on BIGHOW.. Duplicate
Items or Items that are too similar to an existing Itemt hat you
have posted can be posted in two (2) different categories per site within
your city or region. Any more than two and your Items will be removed.
We also ask that you not post outside the city or region you are located in
and that you choose the right category for your ad. If you violate these
policies your Item will be deleted (sometimes without notice). Attempting to
post after having your Items removed may result in a "blocked" message
notifying you that you have posted too many Items . To avoid this, please
list whatever you are advertising only once per site within your city or
region. If you want to re-list an Item that you are already advertising on
the site, delete your existing Item first.
Posting a listing with a link to another web site for the sole purpose of
directing visitors to that web site is not permitted. You may, however,
include a link in your post if it is to give the user more information about
the Item being offered (for example product details, pictures, etc.).
Any person or entity ("Distributor") extracting Content from the Service for
the purpose of including that Content on a 3rd party website or service
understands and agrees to the following conditions:
- Distributor may not use Content to promote illegal activities
- Distributor may not use Content to build their own database of
- Distributor must attribute BIGHOW with a "Powered by BIGHOW" link to
http://www.bighow.com which is prominently displayed next to any material
delivered by BIGHOW or derived from BIGHOW
- Distributor may selectively display and re-order Listings delivered by
- Distributor may not modify or alter text, links, titles, tags, price,
etc. of Content delivered by BIGHOW
- Moreover, all types of classified items are generally permitted to be
listed on BIGHOW if and to the extent that their sale and purchase is
legally permitted in your State of residence, and that such sales and
purchases occur in compliance with applicable local laws and regulations.
We encourage you to research the applicable laws and regulations that
may apply to your transaction and content.
If you encounter an Item that is discriminatory and you believe that it
violates any Law, please flag the ad/posting as prohibited.