The best books for 2-year old kids great pictures with exciting microcopy (minimal text). The idea is to get them into a world of pictuers and text and later they will progress into better world processing. Besides these books, you should also look into Caldecott award winners, which are the best picture books around.
Tip: Pick books that you will read again and again.
1. Leonardo the Terrible Monster by Mo Willems
2. The Very Hungry Caterpillar
3. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by by Bill Martin Jr.
4. The Runaway Bunny
5. Everyone Poops
6. No No Yes Yes
7. Bad Cat Puts on his Top Hat
8. Winken, Blinken, and Nod
9. Pajama Time
10. Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things that Go
11. Cecily G and the Nine Monkeys
12. Go, Dog, Go
13. I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew
15. Knufflebunny and Knufflebunny Too
16. Not a Box and Not a Stick
17. Click Clack Moo
18. My Daddy Snores
19. This Is The Way
20. I Know A Rhino
21. Skippyjon Jones series
22. Llama Llama Red Pajama
23. The Fur Family
24. Hand Hand Fingers Thumb (a classic and a romp)
25. The Red Balloon (based on the french movie about a magical)
26. Have You Seen My Potty? (great for training)
27. Dear Zoo
28. I'm a Big Sister/Brother
29. Goodnight Gorilla
30. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
31. Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?
32. The Mixed-Up Chameleon
33. A Very Hungry Caterpillar
34. Goodnight Moon
35. Pat the Bunny
36. Guess How Much I Love You
If you liked this, please check out The Success Manual - 600+ pages of compiled wisdom on 125 most important business and self-improvement topics.