The first thing I would like every adult to know is to get over it. Yes, I know about your disappointments, failures, what-ifs, why-mes, and what now. I have been to those place too. Shit happens. Don't panic. You still got time left.
So, here's what you should know:
1. Think like a kid, act like an adult. (fresh eyes, experienced hands)
2. Life is not fair – get used to it.
3. Life is difficult - get used to it.
4. Do the difficult things first.
5. Avoid debt (it will grind you life away)
6. Save instead of spending
7. Have some intellectual integrity
8. Question things (look below the surface, ask questions...)
9. Be Honest
10. Be humble (now is the right time)
11. Ethics (don't be like the 1%)
12. Compassion (and justice for all!)
13. Ethos (what you stand for?)
14. Being sad is okay (at times)
15. Be effective and efficient
16. Think win-win (both parties benefit)
17. Care for the planet
18. Life is not a dress rehearsal.
19. You don't get what you deserve, you get what you look for.
20. Have good humour and ability to laugh at self.
21. Don't be insane (don't do the same things that brought you wrong results earlier, again - thank you, Einstein)
Related: 25 most important things you should teach your kid
If you liked this, please check out The Success Manual - 200+ top things we all should know to succeed faster in any career.